News & Events;
SCS announces spanking & attractive new sports uniforms for its students
SCS celebrates Krishna Jayanthi.
Students participated in seminar conducted by Sathya Sai Educare Institution. Our students won 2nd place.
SCS celebrates Independece day in style.
SCS celebrates Kamarajar's birthday
SCS School reopens on 15th June 2011. Special poojas and homam were conducted for a prosperous year ahead for students
Every Thursday will be activity day for KG students. No books. No classes. Only fun!
SCS School celebrates Navarathiri. Golu, cultural performances by students and Saraswati Pooja marked the occassion.
SCS School celebrates 25th Annual SPORTS DAY on 19th February 2010.
Ln. S. V. Ramesh President of Lions Club, Pallavaram hoisted the Olympic flag and declared the sports events. There was a colourful march fast by the participants. The salute was accepted by the Guest.
Apart from Track and field events, there were very attractive dance programmed by Kindergarten children. There was breath taking pyramid arrangement by boys and girls. The Chief Guest of the evening Thiru G. Karthikeyan-Deputy Commissioner of Police ( Traffic) Chennai South motivated the children towards extra curricular activities and emphasized that the achievements in the field of sports would take the students to greater heights of name and fame. He advised the younger generation to strive and attain high quality in all their attempts.
The Guest of Honour Thiru Dr. S. Muthu Kumar – Managing Director – Parvathy Hospitals, Chrompet also stressed the benefit of sports for a healthy life. The tabola contest was conducted for parents and they participated with fun and enthusiasm.
The Chief Guest gave away the prizes. Lion V. Santhanam, Correspondent have made elaborate arrangements. Thiru. A. Pandian Academic Advisor welcomed the gathering. Mrs. S. Baby Saroja Principal proposed vote of thanks. Physical Education Trainer Mr. Elangovan took initiaves to make the sports day a memorable event.
The Chief Guest Thiru G. Karthikeyan-Deputy Commissioner of Police
(Traffic) Chennai South gave away the over all championship trophy to the Blue Team students.
SCS School students celebrate "Kaarthigai Deepam" on 1st Dec 2009.
SCS Conducted Exhibition on the title "BHARATAM" - displaying models related to different states - cultures, rivers, food and traditional dresses on 14th November 2009 as part of the children's day function.
Scientist Dr. Venkatraman Ramakrishnan has made his native State Tamil Nadu proud by winning the nobel prize for Chemistry.
The students of SCS joined hands to congratulate Dr. Venkataraman Ramakrishnan.
The school staff and students celebrate Navratri this year with enthusiasm. With a colourful "KOLU" in the stands, several students and teachers spent quality time in front of Goddess Devi, singing bhajans and distributing sweets and sundal.
Our Principal, Ln. S. Baby Saroja receives the National Award for Best Teacher 2008 from the Hon. Vice President Shri. Hamid Ansari.
The Hon. Minister for Human Resources Development Shri. Kapil Sibal and the Hon. Minister of State for Human Resources Development Shrimati D. Purandeshwari are also seen in the picture. Hearty Congratulations to our Principal .
Honourable Governor of TN,
Shri. S.S.Barnala congratulates our Principal for her for the achievement.
Honourable Minister of Labour, Tamilnadu
Shri. T.M.Anbarasan congratulates our Principal for her for the achievement.
Honourable Central minister for Information & broadcasting
Shri S Jagathrakshakan called upon our Principal to congratulate her for the achievement.
Team SCS gathers at the Chennai Airport to welcome Ln. S. Baby Saroja
Symposium for teachers held on 29th Aug 09
Education is the soul of progress. The literacy rate has increased. The number of
educational institutions and percentage of enrolment has improved. But are we providing quality education?
With a view to create awareness among teachers
and students we have planned to conduct a symposium on “Enhancing quality of "Education”.
More than 20 schools participated and presented a paper on the topic for 10 minutes.
Chief Guest: PMJF Lion G. Gajendran, Dist. Governor 324 A6
Lion. Prof.J.L. Narasimhan, Visiting Faculty at the Regional Council of THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA
MJF Lion. A.V. Subba Rao, Formerly Regional Manager, Penguin Books Ltd.
Mr. J. Lakshmi Narayanan, Former Manager, Oxford University Press, Madras
Guests of honour:
Lion Mrs. Radha Kumar, President, Lions Club of Hastinapuram
Lion S. V. Ramesh, President, Lions Club of Pallavapuram
SCS Schools celebrates 25th anniversary. Several competitions and cultural events held to commemorate this milestone achievement. read more
Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations held.
Ln. S. Baby Saroja, the school Principal, has been selected by the Government of India for a President's National Best Teacher Award.
View the letter
The right honour for the right lady:
Ln. S. Baby Saroja has been one of the pillars for the school ever since the school was first incepted. This award is one of the several other awards and accolades she has won for her untiring efforts towards imparting value-based education to the students. For all who know Ln. S. Baby Saroja only as a strict Principal of the school, well, she has another side too. She is a cheerful & agile lady, highly approachable and someone who is passionate about education. This award is just another feather in her cap and we wish her for more such achievements in future.
After a 2-month vacation, the school re-opened during the first week of June. It was a cheerful sight to see the roads leading to the school abuzz with activity. The school has seen a substantial increase in new admissions this year, thanks to the overall measures taken by the school administration to impart value-based education to the student.
Our School Celebrates Silver Jubilee this academic year. Read more
Standard X results - 100% pass.
Students of SCS passed out in flying colours in the standard
X examinations this year. All the students who wrote the exam passed. Subasri (480/500, centum in Maths and Science), Aravind (456/500) & Manikandan (451/500) are top scorers.
Plus 2 results 2009
We are glad to announce that this year, plus 2 results are very encouraging. 28 students from Class XII scored 1000 marks or above out of 1200. Mahalakshmi (1140/1200) & Kanakalakshmi (1130/1200) are top scorers from Class XII.
Inviting kind-hearted sponsors to support the education expenses of 4 needy children studying in our school. Kindly contact the school office to learn how you can make a difference to these deserving students. Details of the students and their fee details are available here.
Admissions are now open for classes Pre-KG to XII. Please contact school office to get more details.
KG Graduation Day - 21st March 2009
The graduation day for the kindergarten school was celebrated on Saturday, 21st March at our school premises. The event started at 2 pm. Ln. Vijay M Ramamoorthy (Vijay Constructions) was the chief guest and MJF Ln. Ruby Manoharan, Chairman and MD - Ruby Builders presided over the function. Convocation certificates and prizes were given to the students finishing their kindergarten education. Academic advisor Ln. A Pandian welcomed the guests and the gathering while Ln. V Santhanam honoured the chief guest and guest of honour by presenting the momento. School Principal Ln. S Baby Saroja praised the kids. Cultural programme organized by the little angels followed.
- SCS 24TH ANNUAL DAY CELEBRATIONS - 03.01.2009 - SATURDAY. An eventful evening filled with fun, entertainment and knowledge gathering; presided by leading officials from the education department of the state government. read more | View Pics
- The School management, staff & students wish one and all a very happy, prosperous & peaceful new year 2009.
- SCS Matriculation Hr. Secondary School joined hands with Pasumai Thayagam to create an awareness against tobacco and junk foods in the school premises on Saturday, 20.12.2008. The exhibition was opened by Honorable Union Minister Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss. He stressed the need of the awareness among the students. Students from ten schools participated in the exhibition and programme.
- SCS joins hands with SAROMAMA website and teaches the subject – Tamil, English and maths for kids – online – very soon!
- SCS celebrated Children Day function in a grand manner by organizing a Project Day for students from KG to II std on the topic SHRUSTI.
- Skanda Shashti Festival: The students of SCS School performed cultural programmes at Kumaran Kundram Temple for Skanda Shashti Festival.
- The school celebrated this year's Saraswathi Pooja, Ayudha Pooja and Vijayadasami with great enthusiasm. Tiny tots were helped by experienced teachers to write the first alhpabets of their life and a special pooja was also performed at the school premises. The students prayed to Goddess Saraswathi to shower all her blessings on them.
- To make the students understand the effects of global warming and to safeguard the environment SCS matriculation Higher Secondary School have started an Odum Eco Club to encourage its students in planting trees, making the environment greenery and to keep the surroundings clean.
- To honour the Teachers, the management celebrated Teachers day function on September 12, 2008. Gifts were given to all the teachers as Token of appreciation for their valuable service. Quiz competition was conducted by Mr. A. Pandian, Academic advisor, for the teachers and the prizes were distributed to the winning team.
- The students of SCS Matriculation Higher Secondary School celebrated Krishna Jayanthi in a grand manner. The Kinder Garten Students dressed themselves like Lord Krishna & Radha, staged dramas & dances to enact the childhood of Lord Srikrishna.
- Staff & students of SCS school celebrated Vinayakar Chaturthi in a grand manner. Cultural programmes by school students followed by Special pooja was also done for vinayagar. Students contributed rice, sundal, oil and all other things needed for the homam.
- An elaborate exhibition was held at the school premises. Students from the middle school participated in the same and displayed many exhibits too.
- As a part SCS SILVER JUBILEE Lecture series, the Management had arranged for a lecture on 30.08.08 (Saturday) by Mr. Rajakrishnamurthy
in our school premises at 09.30 a.m. The topic of the lecture was TEACHING & VALUES. The discussion was great value for teachers in the present Scenerio. School teachers from other schools were also invited.
- To celebrate the victory of India in Olympic sports and to honour Abinav Bindra, Students of SCS Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chrompet had marched a Rally on Tuesday 12.08.2008 holding Indian Flags and Photos of Abinav Bindra.
- +2 & 10th (SSLC) Results; SCS school students pass out with flying colours!
Yet again, the students of SCS school from standards 10th and 12th showed what they are capable of - excellence in studies. Some of the salient highglights of this year's results are given below...
- 99% pass in both 10th & 12th standards
- 80% out of this obtain First Class
- Toppers from SSLC (10th) - A M Mithreyai (444/500), K V Hariprasad (438/500) and
S. Saikrithika (432/500)
- Toppers from 12th - B V Raghuram (1164/1200), R. Radhika (1120/1200) and Aarthi
- The school management & the faculty congratulate the toppers and wish them all the best for their future.
- SCS Annual Sports Day: The much-awaited annual sports day was held on 9th Feb 08. There was a brief spell of heavy rain (!!) which however failed to dampen the spirits of the students and staff. Starting off with a colourful march past, the sports day was filled with action and entertainment all through the evening. Some of the events that keps the audience spell-bound are as follows - Bamboo dance, colourful drill, running race events for all classes, mathematical shapes by KG students, etc. The sports day was chaired by disinguished guests. pics coming soon
- Yoga Awareness: SCS is conducting an inter-school competition on Yoga awareness followed by a seminar on the same on 26th and 27th January 2008. Some of the leading schools in and around Chromepet are expected to participate.
- SCS Pongal day celebrations: The staff and students of our school celebrated Pongal in a traditional manner at the school premises on 14th Jan 2008. The event was marked by a special pooja followed by distribution of Pongal to one and all present.
- SCS Annual Day was celebrated in a grand way at the Chromepet Cultural Academy Hall on 5th Jan 2008. The event was studded with well-coordinated dance & drama programs.
- Yoga awareness Rally: SCS staff and students went on a Yoga awareness rally in and around Chromepet. For most part of the morning till about noon, the exuberant students were more than excited to carry placards and meet people to emphasize the same during the rally.
- SCS Annual Day coming up on Jan 5th 2008. Plans afoot to make this yetr another grand gala event. All are welcome!
- Admissions open for academic year 2008-09. Parnets who wish to admit their wards in our school are requested to contact the schjool office to obtain the admission forms.
- Health Fest Competition:
We have conducted an inter school health fest competition on 14th November 2007 where in more than 20 schools in and around Chrompet, Pallavaram and Tambaram participated. A panel of Doctors headed by Dr. Muthu Kumar – Parvathy Ortho have organized the quiz competition. NSN MAtriculation and Sitadevi Jaigopal Garodia bagged the prizes. View Pics
- Kanda Sashti Celebrations
Our school children performed a cultural programme in the Skanda Shashti Festival held at Kumaran Kundram, Chennai. In one of the most attended, appreciated and colourful functions in the Chromepet area, SCS Students stole the show with their astute performance - a variety of Dances, bhajans and dramas, which were highly appreciated and enjoyed by the public. View Pics
- Science Project by Kinder Garten Sessions:
The little angels of SCS have organised for a Science Project on the topic Health and Hygine on 17 th November 2007. They displayed real fruits and vegetables, plac cards, charts, healthy foods and junk foods that are not advisible to consume. View Pics
- SCS Wins Madras Christian College Trophy .
On 23rd of November 2007, Madras Christian College (Autonomous) Tambaram, Department of Mathematics, Self – financed stream organized 'ACTUARIA – 07' Inter School Math
Competition. In this competition, in and around 25 city schools were participated and S.C.S Matriculation Higher Secondary School, won the overall Champion ship for
our school NIE students. Our school students participated in Mathematical Quiz, SU–DO–KU, Mathematical singing, Olympiod, Mathematical puzzle and Mathematical sketching. Our school got first
prize in SU – DO –KU: Participants: S. Dwaraganath, N.Sakthivel, S. Thiyagarajan. First prize in Mathematical sketching: Participant – R. Varalakshmi. Second prize in
Mathematical singing: Participants are - Saikripa, Saikrithika and Sandhiya.
- A new building consisting of well furnished classrooms was declared open by Hon'ble Minister for Labour Welfare Thiru. T.M. Anbarasan. A new classroom environment has been created for the young kids. All the learning items are painted as pictures on the wall. Even the ceiling and the compound wall are beautifully painted. Sufficient space has been provided for children for writing practice. The concept of "Building as Learning Acid" has been incorporated.
The CD's and Charts will create joyful learning climate. There is scope for self learning in this atmosphere. LCD provision is an additional attraction. These unique features will attract the parents and children. The Minister asked the students to make use of Modern Technology to improve their skill. Mr.E.Karunanithi, Chairman of Pallavaram Municipality presided over the function. Dr.Muthukumar, Managing Director of Parvathy Ortho Hospital chromepet. Mr. V.Ramana CEO, Mr. Mohankumar IMS and
Mr. Ganesamoorthy DEO all from the Department of School Education, Kancheepuram District offered their facilitation.
Mr. Sridhar, Chief General Manager of City Union Bank Ltd., was the Guest of Honour during the function. Mr.P.Mariadoss, an industrialist from Tambaram came forward to meet the educational expenditure of two poor children. Lion V.Santhanam, Correspondent, welcomed the gathering which consisted of parents, teachers, students and the public. Lion S. Baby Saroja, Principal proposed vote of thanks. Mr. A. Pandian, Academic Advisor of the school
had made elaborate arrangements for the function. View
- SCS celebrated World Peace Day. The school's literary association invited
Mrs.Paddy Sharma, USA to honour the eminent public person Mr. Ramani (Humourist) and distributed the prizes for Fancy dress competition, Drawing competition etc. View
- September 5th, Teachers Day, was celebrated with grandeur in our school campus. The management honoured all teachers and staff for providing valuable education to students. Each teacher was honoured with a gift. The teachers in turn conducted a variety of programmes like Singing a song, Debates, Mono-acting to mark the occassion. View
SCS Celebrates India's 60th Independence
Day in style. Mr. Senthil Kumar Municipal Councilor hoisted the National
Flag and delivered the key note address on the Occassion.
Mr. A. Pandian Academic Advisor and Mrs. S. Baby Saroja Principal
spoke on the development in various fields after independence. Earlier
Ln. V. Santhanam Correspondent of the school welcome the gathering
which consisted of parents in large numbers. Cultural activities
on National Integration Science and Technology and Women Development
through song , dance and drama were very colourful and attractive.
Selvi. Divya prabha proposed Vote of thanks and Selvi. Varalakshmi
SPL organised and coordinated all the programmes. View
Pics of the event
Ln. S. Baby
Saroja, our Principal, has been elected as President of Lions Club
of Hastinapuram for the year 2007-08
Swetha of XI
std. was awarded II prize in the Tamil Elocution Contest in Inter
School Competitions conducted by Sri Ramana Kendra Trust on 15/07/07.
Nearly 30 schools participated in this competition
Sri Sathya Sai
Institute of Educare, Nemilicherry, Chromepet, conducted a Seminar
on Human Values. Out of the 20 schools which presented a paper on
the topic, 'Manava Seva is Madhava Seva', Our school teaam comprisisng
of Pranav Venkatachalam, XII, Subashree, IX, Puja IX, R. Viswaprasad,
VIII, S.Sriram, IX and R. Sneha, VII bagged the Rolling Shield.
The team won under the inspiring tutelage of Mrs. B. Uma
A 'Cancer Awareness'
programme was held on 17/07/07. Ms. Kripa spoke on causes and ill
effects of cancer. She also explained the various measures adopted
to cure the deadly disease. She stressed the importance of inculcating
clean habits from young age to avoid cancer
programme for teachers was held on 28/07/07. Mrs. Savithri, Retd.
Headmistress, Hindu Senior Secondary School, Mylapore, addressed
the gathering on the topic, 'How to motivate Students?' She highlighted
the importance of being an ideal teacher and suggested new innovative
methods to get the best out of students
A lively and
Informative session on 'Awareness of Internet & Usage' was conducted
Mr. Shivakumar. In the 1st phase, the programme was held for students
of classes VIII to XII on 15/07/07. Mr. Shivakumar provided an insight
on the uses and benefits of Internet usage like communication, blogging,
etc. In the second phase for teachers, held on 21/07/07, he explained
how internet is useful for teaching and for career building.
Activities of the Kindergarten Sections and Primary classes for
the Academic year 2007-08 was inaugurated on 21/07/07. Various competitions
like Rhymes Recitation for L.K.G. & U.K.G., English song with
actions for I std. and English Elocution for II std. were held.
Prize winners were congratulated by our Correspondent, Principal
and Academic Advisor.
- School reopens on June 6th, 2007
- SCS School students pass out of Std X and
Std XII with flying colours. read more
- Summer classes in Yoga, Abacus, Sports (Indoor &
outdoor) & spoken English will be conducted from April 10th onwards.
Those interested to Enroll themselves can contact school office.
- State-of-the art Computer Lab inaugurated
- SCS thanks City
Union Bank for their continuing support
- SCS celebrates Kingergarten graduation day
- SCS Fraternity prays for Team
India to bring home the ICC World Cup
- Admissions declared open for
the Academic year 2007-08
- SCS Celebrates Annual Day
- SCS wins the Rangoli Competition
held at Marina Beach